How We Help
ROLL 101 has developed a mission statement as part of its Constitution:
‘To provide practical and emotional support to young people seriously affected by chronic or terminal illness or by catastrophic injuries and, as much as is possible, to direct 100% of funds raised by ROLL 101 to this purpose.’
ROLL 101 has a vision to:
- develop an Australian support organisation for young people seriously affected by chronic or terminal illness or by catastrophic injuries.
- increase public awareness of the effects on young people of chronic/terminal illness and catastrophic injuries, work towards improved public policy in this area and to develop strong links with like organisations, both national and international.
To achieve these things, ROLL 101 will be involved in the following activities:
- Provide encouragement, emotional and moral support to anyone affected by chronic/terminal illness or catastrophic injury.
- Provide professional counselling to those affected and their families.
- Raise the profile of ROLL 101 by increasing public awareness about the effect on young people of chronic/terminal illness or catastrophic injuries and to act as a source of information to people affected.
- To work with like organisations and all levels of government to improve public policy for all affected.
- Raise funds for key activities, such as the provision of equipment, nursing services or necessary renovations to homes, vehicles or workplaces.
- Obtain corporate sponsorship.
- Liaise with other ‘like’ groups.
The charity will not be donating money, but will be providing both equipment and support to the seriously ill/injured and their families. The Board of Directors of ROLL 101 are charged with the responsibility of administering the funds to provide support to seriously ill or injured young people and their families. It is important to note that ROLL 101 will not deduct any management or administrative fees (as distinct from most other charities). Supporters can be confident that every dollar donated to ROLL 101 will go to support young people seriously affected by chronic or terminal illness or by catastrophic injuries.